Advantages of Oracle EBS
Oracle E-Business Suite, or Oracle EBS, is a set of applications for businesses that automates the following functions:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Besides automation, Oracle EBS has another major advantage. The product modules all flow into a single database, simplifying the reporting process and providing a single source of data.
What Can Oracle EBS Do for Your Business?
Oracle EBS runs on the company’s well-respected Oracle Database software. Released in 2001, EBS bundles ERP and CRM applications and is used by more businesses than Oracles other products, which now include JD Edwards, Siebel and PeopleSoft.
Rivals include SAP and Microsoft, which are also designed to:
- manage global businesses
- facilitate decision making
- reduce costs
- improve corporate performance
Oracle EBS supports CRM, ERP and SCM operations through various modules for financial management, human resource management, customer service management, procurement and value chain capabilities. This suite of products gives users superior business intelligence and analytics capabilities.
What Are Some of the Applications in Oracle EBS?
The applications found in the Oracle EBS include Oracle Financials, Oracle CRM, Oracle Human Resource Management System (HRMS), Oracle Supply Chain Applications, Oracle Logistics, Oracle Transportation Management, Oracle Order Management, and Oracle Warehouse Management System. The CRM, Financials and HRMS modules are among the most widely used.
- Oracle CRM: The Oracle CRM application is a front-office tool designed to help your business convert and retain customers. Its functions include:
- order capture
- field service
- call center functionality
- internet-focused products like catalogs, and content, quote and order management
- Oracle Financials: The Financials module includes applications for department-focused functionality with in-depth reporting capability and built-in analytics. Its modules include:
- General Ledger
- Financial Analyzer
- Cash Management
- Fixed Assets
- Property Management
- Human Resource Management System (HRMS): The HRMS application is designed to handle HR functions from recruitment through to retirement planning. It provides looks into HR activities. You can track your success rates and churn between recruitment and onboarding. It provides a single point for data capture so that you can customize reporting that includes time management, training, recruiting, benefits, compensation, and payroll. The HRMS suite integrates with other Oracle EBS tools for easy extraction for reporting and data repository harvesting.
Through its modules, EBS supports front and back-office functions and allows users to create accurate reporting to evaluate performance and develop cross-functional metrics.